Before You Begin - Geodatabase Manager
Before beginning the Geodatabase Manager configuration, be sure to follow the steps outlined in this topic.
Process Framework Upgrade
If you plan to use Geodatabase Manager to reconcile and post versions associated with sessions, designs, or both, you will need to do the configuration discussed at the bottom of the Upgrade to 9.3 Rev2 page in the Set Up Process Framework section.
Geodatabase Manager is installed with SQL and Oracle scripts that add the necessary tables to your geodatabase to support this new functionality. Follow the steps below to run the appropriate script on your geodatabase before beginning the configuration.
- By default, the Geodatabase Manager scripts are installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Documentation\Process Framework Enterprise\. Run the script that corresponds to your database type (Oracle or SQL). These scripts MUST be run under the SDE user.
- Once the script has completed, you will need to register the new tables with the geodatabase. Do not register these tables as versioned.
- Next grant the appropriate privileges to the new tables.
These scripts create the following tables:
Disable Esri License Timeout Warning
- Look for AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe, which is installed here: Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\Utilities. This executable cannot be opened using an Esri ArcGIS for Desktop Basic license.
- Double-click AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe to open it.
- Select the Miscellaneous tab.
- Uncheck the License Timeout Warning as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click Apply.
- Click the red X in the top right corner to close the executable.
- If ArcMap was running while you performed this task, restart ArcMap to implement the change.