Troubleshooting: What is the Trace All Feeders task sequence?
Below is the sequence of actions taken by TraceAllFeeders. A save and a compress are performed after steps 2, 4, 5 and 6, and after each individual feeder's update within step 3.
- Attempt a Compress action on the database. This allows TraceAllFeeders to indicate if it is unable to compress during the sequence of events. Compress is crucial to performance on large networks.
- Identify all island features and set their FeederID, FeederID2, and FeederInfo values to reflect their islandhood.
- Trace all features energized by any circuit source and set their FeederID values accordingly. This is done on one circuit (or feeder) at a time.
- Update the FeederSourceInfo field of the CircuitSource class to flag any feeders that possess loops or participate in a multiple-feed condition, based on results in step 3.
- Identify all non-island features that are not energized by any circuit source and set their FeederID accordingly. This is done by resuming a trace from each feature that stopped a tracing action in step 3 (by virtue of its switching state and/or phase designation, as appropriate).
- Identify all tie or terminal devices and modify their FeederID values to reflect their tie or terminal devicehood. These devices are identified based on the trace performed in step 3.