This section allows you to locate and manage existing users (e.g., set passwords, roles) and create new users.
- Users Filter: Allows you to filter users by username or
by email address.
- Select a filter Method (By username or By email address) and type a value in the Criteria field. Click Filter to narrow the list of users down to those that meet the criteria. Click Clear to empty the field and prepare for a new search. If more than 100 users are located, you are prompted to narrow the search criteria.
- Select a user by clicking the username in the far left column.
- Info / Roles tab: Allows you to modify information such
as the user's name, email address, and Department/Location.
NOTE: If you plan to use Archive Explorer to run any historical reports that may include information about the user, do not delete the user. Deleting the user causes the loss of some historical data. Instead, clear the Active checkbox to make the user inactive. This removes access to the user from Responder Explorer while preserving any historical data related to the user.
- After you modify information in this tab, click Update to save your changes before selecting another tab. If you don't save before selecting another tab, your changes are lost.
- You can click Delete to remove the user from the system, or you can clear the Active User checkbox to deactivate the user.
- Password tab: Allows you to reset a user's password.
- Create New User tab: Allows you to add a new user.
- To access the Create New User tab, select Administration > Users > Create New User.
- Type the user's information. The First Name, Last Name, and Department/Location fields are not required. All other fields are required. The Username value must be all lower case.
- Under User’s Roles, assign roles to the user by selecting the appropriate checkboxes.
- Select the Activate User checkbox to allow the user access to the system. This field is selected by default. You can deny the user access to the system by clearing the Activate User checkbox.
- Click Create.
Once created, the user is added to the Manage Users tab.
- Manage Users tab: Displays basic information about users
and provides links for accessing and managing their accounts.
Name: This column provides account information, including the Display Name, Email, and Username for each Responder user.
Active: A check in this box indicates the user is Active and has credentials to use Responder.
Locked Out: A check in this box indicates the user is currently locked out of Responder Web.
Online: A check in this box indicates the user is currently online.
Last Web Activity: This column shows the last time that the user initiated any action in Responder Web.
Last Explorer Login: This column shows the last time that this user logged into Responder Explorer.