Exclude Versions from Reconcile/Post
The GDBM_No_Reconcile_Versions table allows you to specify versions that should not be reconciled or reconciled/posted. Your Database Administrator (DBA) may add versions to this table and designate a Valid to Post value to indicate the level of exclusion. This is important for versions used by Geodatabase Replication (e.g., InitialExtract version).
GDBM_No_Reconcile_Versions contains the following fields:
Name: Enter the name of the version. This field is NOT case-sensitive.
Valid_To_Post: Enter a value that indicates the versions level of exclusion. 0=do not reconcile as part of either process; 1=reconcile and post as part of the posting process, but do not reconcile as part of the reconcile process.
Owner: Enter the name of the version's owner. This field is NOT case-sensitive.
Wildcards: The Name field supports a single period (.) as a wildcard. This allows you to exclude similarly named versions with a single row in the table (e.g., ".extract").
Editing the GDBM_No_Reconcile_Versions Table
In most instances, the GDBM_No_Reconcile_Versions table will be edited by a DBA in Oracle or SQL. However, there is a way to edit this table in ArcMap. By default, this table is not versioned and may not be edited in ArcMap. You may select an ArcGIS setting in ArcMap that allows you to edit a non-versioned table. To do this, follow the steps outlined below.
- In ArcMap, make sure you have the GDBM_No_Reconcile_Versions table added to the map. It should appear on the Source tab in the TOC.
- On the Editor toolbar, select the Editor pull-down menu and click Options.
- On the Versioning tab, uncheck the checkbox labeled: "Edit a version of the database with the ability to undo and redo."
- Click OK.
- Start an editing session (Editor > Start Editing).
- Now you can right-click the GDBM_No_Reconcile_Versions table in the Source tab and select Open. Here you can add versions to the table.
- When you've finished editing, stop the editing session (Editor > Stop Editing).
- Select Options from the Editor menu and select the "Edit a version..." checkbox on the Versioning tab.
- Click OK.IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO TURN THIS SETTING BACK ON WHEN YOU START EDITING A VERSIONED TABLE (i.e., undo step 3 above).