Create Floor and Walls
This task allows you to define the floor and walls of your underground facility diagram. There are three options for creating the floor and walls (listed below). The first option supports four-walled, symmetrical diagrams only. Creating your floor and walls manually allows you to draw more than four walls without the confines of symmetry. Diagrams of any type may be created as Favorites and accessed later.
Configure and Create
Set the floor and wall dimensions. Currently the Diagram Manager only supports four-walled diagrams.
- Set the dimension criteria (e.g., floor width, floor length, wall height).
- Select the Generate Dimensions checkbox to display the dimensions around the diagram (the arrowed lines).
- Click the Add Diagram button to create the diagram on the map. The diagram is placed automatically according to the specified dimensions and centered on the existing underground structure (manhole) feature.
This method allows you to create diagrams with more than four walls.
- Start an editing session.
- Select the Launch Diagram Manager tool and click an underground structure feature on the map. This will display the Diagram Manager.
- From the Features tab, select the Floor feature and draw the floor polygon on the map.
- From the Features tab, select the Wall feature and draw
the wall polygons.
Once the diagram is placed, you may not re-create it on the same underground structure using these steps. If you want to create a new diagram for the selected structure, you will need to first delete the existing diagram.