Cross Section Annotation
The option to place a cross section is available only when the Conduit System Cross Section Anno layer has been added to the map. Annotation display depends on its model name configuration (see the Configuring ArcFM Solution online help in ArcCatalog). To automatically update annotation when conduit configuration changes, set the autoupdater at the Object Info tab of the ArcFM Properties Manager in ArcCatalog. Select the ArcFM Check Cross Section autoupdater at the On Feature Update property of the conduit and the conductor or cable feature class.
Add Cross Section Annotation
Follow these steps to add cross section annotation to the map for a selected conduit.
- If it doesn't already exist, add the cross section annotation layer to your map. In the Minerville sample data this layer is called Conduit System Cross Section Annotation (ConduitSystemCrossSectionAnno).
- On the map, select the conduit system for which you want to display annotation.
- On the Attribute Editor Selection tab, right-click the conduit system feature and select Place Cross Section.
- The cursor changes into a black X with cross-hairs. Click the area on the map where you want the annotation displayed.
- The annotation is placed at the click point on the map.
Move Cross-Section Annotation
Once cross section annotation is placed, you may move, rotate, or delete it.