Add Global IDs
If you wish to convert a personal geodatabase and you have ArcGIS 9.3 installed, then you must prepare the data by performing the following steps. If you are converting an SDE Geodatabase, you may skip the following steps.
- Add the Esri GlobalID field to all fiber feature classes. In ArcCatalog, right-click the Fiber dataset and select Manage > Add Global IDs. This adds a field called GlobalID to each feature class in the dataset. This field has a data type of Global ID.
- Right-click each Fiber object class (tables beginning with F_) and select Add Global IDs to append the GlobalID field. If this field exists on these tables already, you do not need to run the Add Global IDs tool again. If you select the tables in the right-hand window in ArcCatalog, you can use the Shift or Ctrl key to select multiples.
- Add the GLOBALID model name to the Fiber Field Model Name domain.
- Assign the GLOBALID field model name to each GlobalID field created in steps 1-2.
- We recommend closing ArcCatalog at this point and creating a backup copy of your database before continuing to the next step.