Configure Units of Measure
Fiber optic cables' measurements can be printed in different units, depending on the type of cable or the vendor. These units may be different than your map units. Fiber Manager provides a way to specify the particular units on fiber optic cables and cable segments. This ensures correct cable length calculations when marking units of measure provide the source of cables' lengths.
- To create a new domain to hold the various unit constants, in ArcCatalog, right-click your geodatabase and select Properties.
- In the Domains tab, scroll to the bottom of the Domain Name list and enter a new domain. Name it whatever you like, e.g., Fiber Units of Measure.
- In the Coded Values section of the window, add a subset
or all of the following. Make sure the coded values appear exactly
- Click OK.
- Create a new field on your fiber optic cable feature class (or any linear feature class) and assign it the new domain.
- Right-click the fiber optic cable feature class and select Properties.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Field Name list and type a new field name, e.g., CableMarkingUnitsOfMeasure.
- Set the new field's Data Type as Long Integer.
- In the Field Properties section of the window, assign the field the domain you created in step 1 and click OK.
- Assign the new MARKINGUNTISOFMEASURE field model name to the new field.
- Right-click the fiber optic cable feature class and select ArcFM Properties Manager.
- On the Field Model Names tab, scroll to and select the new field you created above.
- Select Fiber Field Model Name from the Model Name Domain drop-down list.
- In the Available list, double-click MARKINGUNITSOFMEASURE to assign it to the new field. Click OK.