Fiber Trace Schematics
You can configure Fiber Manager for use with ArcGIS Schematics. The sections below describe the steps necessary to configure Fiber Manager to display fiber trace schematics and define their default symbology.
Only database administrators can use this tool. Non-administrators will receive a permissions error.
Do not create more than one schematic dataset for Fiber Trace Schematics.
Configuring the Fiber Trace Schematic is a little different than the Circuit and Splice Schematics. Instead of exporting and importing, the Fiber Trace Schematic has its own configuration tool in ArcCatalog.
- Open ArcCatalog.
- Click Customize > Toolbars > ArcFM Solution to display the ArcFM Solution toolbar.
- The Fiber Trace Schematic Configuration tool does not come
on the ArcFM Solution toolbar by default. To add it:
- Click Customize > Customize Mode.
- Click the Commands tab.
- Search for the Fiber Trace Schematic
- Once found, drag and drop the tool onto the ArcFM Solution toolbar.
- Click Close.
- Click the database for which you want to configure Fiber Trace Schematics.
- Click the Fiber Trace Schematic Configuration button. You should receive this confirmation
dialog:IMPORTANT: If you do not receive this confirmation dialog, check the Windows Event Viewer. Check your Oracle database table space permissions if you see an error resembling the following: "Error: Underlying DBMS error [ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'SDE_IX'', you need to check your table space permissions in Oracle 11g to specifically apply the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE permission to the SDE user."
- Click OK.
- Close ArcCatalog.