The empty geodatabase needs the ArcFM System Tables in place prior to importing the schema and properties.
Further, the version of the geodatabase needs to match the version
of your ArcFM and Fiber Manager installations. The steps below satisfy both requirements.
- Download and unzip the Minerville sample database from
the Product Downloads page on myArcFM.
- In ArcCatalog, create a new, empty geodatabase.
IMPORTANT: The type of geodatabase (personal or
file) needs to match the sample data type you downloaded. Typically,
you configure a file geodatabase, and once verified as working, upgrade
it to an enterprise SDE geodatabase.
- Right-click the empty geodatabase and choose Create/Update ArcFM Solution System tables.
- When complete, read through the ArcFM Info Log to see what was created and set.
- Optional: To save a text file of this log, click Save.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- Notice you now have the ArcFM System Tables in place. They are currently empty but ready
to accept imported properties and settings.
- Right-click your new geodatabase and choose Upgrade ArcFM Solution Database, and click Yes to confirm.
- When the upgrade is complete, click OK.