Add Stored Displays to the Backdrop
These steps are necessary only if you are NOT using a login database.
Follow these steps to copy stored displays from the Enterprise database into the backdrop. If you're using a login database, skip the following set of steps and go to the Configure Backdrop for ArcFM Solution section instead.
- In the backdrop database, delete the MM_SYSTEM_STORED_DISPLAYS and MM_SYSTEM_PACKAGES tables.
- In ArcCatalog, copy MM_SYSTEM_STORED_DISPLAYS and MM_SYSTEM_PACKAGES from your Enterprise database and paste them into the backdrop database. This adds all system stored displays in the Enterprise to the Backdrop.
- Select the Backdrop database and click the Data Source Wizard button on the ArcFM Solution toolbar in ArcCatalog. In the next few steps you will use this tool to connect the stored display layers to the feature layers in the backdrop geodatabase.
- Read the information provided on the first screen and click Next.
- Select the stored display(s) and/or document(s) you'd like the mobile user to access in the field. All unnecessary stored displays and documents will be removed later. Click Next.
- You will need to set all data sources, so accept the default setting on the next screen. Click Next.
- Browse to the Backdrop geodatabase (same database in which the stored displays now reside) when selecting the destination data source. This connects the layers in the selected stored displays/documents to the backdrop. Click Next.
- Review the Summary and click Next to connect the stored display/document layers to the Backdrop geodatabase.
- Next, open the backdrop database in ArcMap and delete any stored displays and/or documents that the user will not require in the field. This will likely include all stored displays you chose not to connect using the Data Source Wizard.