Deploy to Multiple Client Machines
This step requires that you first have Geodatabase Replication configured to maintain any databases you want to use in the field (e.g., Backdrop).
Once you have a single client (administrator) machine configured and fully tested, you may distribute that configuration to any number of client machines. Keep in mind that it is critical to fully test the single client configuration before deployment.
Configured Administrator Machine
Perform the next steps on the administrator machine you just configured and tested.
- Browse to ReplicationConsole.exe.config and copy this file to a shared network directory. This file resides in the ArcFM Solution\Bin directory. This step is necessary for all Engine Mobile Solution implementations.
- Browse to Program Files\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Bin\Xml and copy DatabaseConnections.xml to a shared network directory.
Now you have saved in a shared network directory all files necessary to deploy your Engine Mobile Solution to any number of client machines. The following steps are performed on these unconfigured client machines. Copy files from the shared network drive to the unconfigured client machines.
- Copy the directory structure from your Administrator machine to each field machine. This directory structure must be EXACTLY the same on each field machine as it is on the Administrator machine. For example, if you copy from C:\ReplicationField to D:\ReplicationField, you will experience a number of problems on the field machine.
- Copy the DatabaseConnections.xml file from the shared network directory to the Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Bin\Xml directory on the client machine you're configuring.
- Copy the ReplicationConsole.exe.config file from the shared network directory to the Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\bin directory on the client machine you're configuring. If the file already exists at this location, you may overwrite it.