Configure Object Query Locator
The Object Query Locator is the only locator tool that requires configuration in ArcCatalog. The Object Query locator allows you to determine the specific feature and object classes and their attribute fields that may be queried. It also allows users to perform searches across subtypes. For example, a user may search all subtypes of support structures to find a pole with a particular Object ID.
In the example below, the user performed a search for a support structure with an Object ID of 15. The Object ID field in the attribute section of the Ojbect Query Locator confirms that the search resulted in a support structure with an Object ID of 15. You can also use the Quick Attribute Viewer.
Feature and object classes that appear in the Search field must have the LocatableObject model name assigned and must be visible. Attribute fields that appear in the grid must be assigned the LOCATABLEFIELD field model name.
- Right-click the feature or object class you wish to include on the Object Query Locator's Search field and select ArcFM Properties Manager.
- On the Model Names tab, assign the LOCATABLEOBJECT model name from the Domain Independent Object Class Model Name domain.
- Click Apply.
- On the Field Model Names tab, select the attribute you'd like to appear in the Object Query Locator.
- Assign the LOCATABLEFIELD field model name from the Domain Independent Field Model Name domain. Assign this field model name to all attribute fields you wish to appear on the Object Query Locator.
- Click Apply.
- Select the Field Info tab.
- Select the attribute to which you assigned the LOCATABLEFIELD field model name and ensure its Visible field is set to Yes.
- Click OK.
Because domains may not remain consistent across subtypes, they may not be included in the attribute grid. Fields with domains are available based on the following criteria. If an attribute field does not meet the criteria below to be available in this Object Query locator, it will NOT appear even if the appropriate field model name is assigned.
The feature/object class has:
The attribute field:
The field is:
shares domains across subtypes
does NOT share domains across subtypes
unavailable (even if the appropriate field model name is assigned)
no subtypes or only one subtype
availableNOTE: The feature/object class has:The attribute field:The field is:multiple subtypesshares domains across subtypesavailablemultiple subtypesdoes NOT share domains across subtypesunavailable (even if the appropriate field model name is assigned)no subtypes or only one subtypen/aavailableThe Subtype attribute field will always be unavailable in this locator (even if the appropriate field model name is assigned). To search by subtype, use the Attribute Query locator in ArcMap.