Circuit schematics show a graphical representation of one or more circuits. Perform the following steps to create a schematic.
- Enable the Schematics extension and the Schematic toolbar.
- Open a Stored Display.
- On the Schematic toolbar, click the Generate New Schematic Diagram button to open the New Schematic Diagram window.
- Select a schematic dataset or folder from the drop-down menu, or use the browse icon to search for the dataset or folder.
- Select a schematic diagram template. Available templates vary according to your configuration.
- Select [Create New Data Frame] from the Output Data Frame drop-down menu.
- Type a name for the schematic diagram and click OK.
- Select one or more circuits from the list. You can use the Shift and Ctrl keys to select multiple circuits. Click Export. A schematic diagram displays in the map window.
- Use standard ArcMap view commands to view the schematic. The schematic diagram is displayed with the symbols and text options defined by your system administrator.