Splice schematics show a graphical representation of all connections within a given splice point. Perform the following steps to create a schematic.
- Open a Stored Display.
- Enable the Schematics extension and the Schematic toolbar.
- Click the Generate New Schematic Diagram button on the Schematic toolbar to open the New Schematic Diagram window.
- Select a schematic dataset or folder from the drop-down menu, or use the browse icon to search for the dataset or folder.
- Select a schematic diagram template. Available templates vary according to your configuration.
- Select [Create New Data Frame] from the Output Data Frame drop-down menu. Do not use the other options in this list.
- Type a name for the schematic diagram and then click OK.
- All the splices' object IDs display in the Splice Export Form. Select a splice and click Export.
- A schematic diagram displays in the map window. Use standard ArcMap view commands to view the schematic. The schematic diagram is displayed with the symbols and text options defined by your system administrator, so it may look different than the following example:
- To stop grouping, select the Start Editing Diagram button from the Schematic Editor toolbar.
- From the Schematic Editor toolbar's Layout Task menu, select Splice Butterfly Diagram.
- Click the Layout Algorithm Properties button on the Schematic Editor toolbar.
- Select Layout without grouping in the Schematic Layout Algorithm window, and then click OK.
- Click the Apply Layout Task button on the Schematic Editor toolbar.
A schematic using the ungrouped layout displays all the individual fibers that form a connection from one buffer tube to another.
If you select a fiber strand and click on it in the Selection tab of the Attribute Editor, you see a Circuit field after scrolling to the bottom. This field contains the name of the circuit if only one exists. If two or more circuits exist, a number displays to indicate additional circuits.