Enhanced Responder Service Performance
You can turn on additional caching to improve the performance of Responder services. With this configuration, Responder opens each feature class in the geometric network when the services start up and hold references to the open feature classes for the life of the process. This minimizes schema locks to improve performance. This setting is enabled by default. The steps on this page illustrate how to turn this enhancement off.
Perform this configuration on all Responder server machines and in the following configuration files: Miner.Responder.DataServices.exe.config, Miner.Responder.PredictionServices.exe.config, and Miner.Responder.QueryWindowsService.exe.config.
- Open the configuration file (this must be done for all three configuration files listed above). By default the Responder server configuration files are installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\Responder\Server.
- Look for the following XML. This will be a part of the
connection information. You may need to set this for multiple connections
within each configuration file.
- Set the featureClassCaching property to false to disable this performance enhancement. By default this value is set to true (enabled).
- Save and close the configuration file.
- Repeat these steps for all connections within the configuration file.