Set Up Map Documents
If you have ArcFM Server installed and want to view the maps available in the Map Viewer section, you will need to set up a connection to your ArcGIS/ArcFM Map service. This configuration also enables the Map icon on the Customer Call screen.
- Open the web.config file located in: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Responder\Web.config.
- In Web.config, look for the <map.Service> section. Locate
the following text:
<Configuration> <!--configuration section that handles layers--> <!-- Valid layer types are: ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer ArcGISImageServiceLayer FeatureLayer --> <Layers Extent="2643073,251916,2644720,253183"> <!--Mapservices that display in the map control--> <Layer MapServiceName="Electric" Url="http://WebServerName/ArcGIS/rest/services/MapServiceName/MapServer" Visible="True" Type="ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer" UseForCustomerViewer="True" RefreshRate="00:01:00"/> </Layers>IMPORTANT: The default for RefreshRate is 1 minute, and the format is HH:MM:SS.
- Set the Layers Extent to coordinate to default extent of your map service. The numbers correspond to: MINIMUMXCOORDINATE (Left), MINIMUMYCOORDINATE (Bottom), MAXIMUMXCOORDINATE (Right), MAXIMUMYCOORDINATE (Top).
- Within the URL, update the WebServerName with the name
of the ArcGIS/ArcFM Server with the port number appended (e.g. WebServerName:PortNumber)
and the MapServiceName with the name of the ArcGIS/ArcFM Map Service. TIP: You can add as many Map Services as you desire in this configuration section. The following example shows the landbase and electric layers:
<Layer MapServiceName="LandBase" Url="http://WebServerName/ArcGIS/rest/services/MapServiceName/MapServer" Visible="True" Type="ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer" UseForCustomerViewer="False" /> <Layer MapServiceName="Electric" Url="http://WebServerName/ArcGIS/rest/services/MapServiceName/MapServer" Visible="True" Type="ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer" UseForCustomerViewer="True" />
The comments in the XML note the different types that are supported.
The Layer MapServiceName (such as LandBase or Electric) appear as layer names within the map control. They can be labeled with any value and are not referenced elsewhere.
- Indicate which service layer contains the location information
for viewing customers by setting the UseForCustomerViewer value to
True. This service must be an MXD you created from your geodatabase,
and not from other applications (such as Esri Flex Viewer). TIP: If the UseForCustomerViewer value is set to True for multiple service layers, Responder will use the first instance and disregard the others.
- Save and close Web.config. You can also configure the Responder Map Viewer with the following options:
- Restart the ArcFM Server instance designated above.
- Ensure your ArcFM Server instance is running.