Add Session Stored Displays
This is optional functionality. If you perform the configuration steps below (1-3), sessions will be created with associated stored displays. By default, sessions are created without associated stored displays.
Like Designer, ArcFM supports the ability to create a session with an attached stored display. You can choose to enable the use of the session stored display, which maintains any graphics in the session as well as the map extent. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Process Framework Administration tool and select the Configuration tab.
- You may need to enter the SessionDisableStoredDisplay value if it doesn’t already exist. Set this value to 0. This creates a stored display with each new session.
- Save changes upon exit.
If you're using the default behavior (no stored display) and you wish to maintain session graphics with the session in an annotation layer, follow the steps below. If you're saving a stored display with the session, the following steps will not work.
Maintain Session Graphics in Annotation Layer (No Stored Display)
This requires that you save sessions without stored displays (the default behavior).
By default, sessions are created without associated stored displays. Graphics are stored in an annotation layer (e.g., SessionGraphics). You may need to create this layer in your geodatabase. To do this, follow the steps below.
- In ArcCatalog, create an annotation feature class (e.g., SessionGraphics) and add the GraphicFavoriteName field with a data type of Text and a length of 150.
- Right-click the new feature class and select ArcFM Properties Manager.
- On the Model Names tab, assign the following model names: DESIGNGRAPHICS, MMDONOTPOST, PUBLICANNOTATIONTARGET.
- Select the Field Model Names tab and assign the GRAPHICFAVORITENAME field model name to the GraphicFavoriteName field (you may need to add this model name to a domain):
- Click OK to save changes.
This feature layer is NOT added to the map automatically when a session is opened. Be sure to add it to the stored display or map before creating a session.
- This config value is set to 1 by default, but it is wise to verify that is it set properly. Open the Process Framework Administration tool and select the Configuration tab. If the SessionDisableStoredDisplay value exists, set this value to 1. If it doesn't exist, there's no need to create it. Its default behavior is to create sessions without stored displays. Save changes upon exit.
- You will need to re-grant permissions on the dataset in
which the new annotation layer resides, and also re-register the dataset
If you have sessions that already have associated stored displays, ArcFM will treat these sessions as in the past. Upon opening a session, the stored display will be opened as well and then saved when the session is closed. Any new sessions will be created without stored displays.