There are two methods for editing features in Inspector. A user may NOT edit the Shape field of an existing feature.
While performing inspections using the Inspection tool, you can select a feature and edit its non-spatial attributes. When you have selected a feature to be inspected, the ArcFM Inspector window is displayed (Figure 1).
- Click the link at the top to display the attributes for the currently selected feature, SupportStructure in this case.
- The feature's attributes are displayed on the Selection tab, and you may edit values for any non-spatial attributes (i.e., NOT the Shape field).
- Click Update on the Selection tab to save any changes.
- Open an Edit session. This tool works within and without an edit session.
- Ensure the proper layers are selectable.
- Click the Select Features tool and click a feature (or multiple features) on the map.
- The features are placed on the Selection tab. Select a feature and edit its non-spatial attributes on the Selection tab.
- Click Update to save changes to the feature attributes.