Assign Edit Task
Edit tasks support user interaction when placing a feature. A simple example is the ArcFM Manual Angle Setter, which requires the user to set the rotation angle for the symbol when adding a new point feature.
Edit tasks can also be used with other editing tools. Such a combination could prompt the user to click a central point feature (transformer) and several service points. The Radial Edit Task constructs a line feature (conductor) to connect the transformer to each service point. (See Building Custom ArcFM Edit Tasks in the ArcFM Solution Developer Help for more information about customization.) A list of edit tasks provided with ArcFM is available in the Appendix.
- Select a feature class in the Catalog Tree.
- Click the ArcFM Properties Manager button on the ArcFM Solution toolbar.
- Select the Object Info tab.
- Select a subtype.If you don't select a subtype, <ALL> appears in the window bar to indicate that edit task applies to all subtypes of the feature class.
- Select Create Edit Task.
- Select an edit task from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply to save changes and retain the ArcFM Properties Manager.
- Click OK to save changes and dismiss the ArcFM Properties Manager.