Configure a New Geodatabase
If you have created a new geodatabase or are upgrading an existing geodatabase to use the ArcFM Solution for the first time, there are some steps that must be executed to ensure your database is compatible with the latest version of the ArcFM Solution.
Once you have the data in your geodatabase, perform the following steps:
- Edit the DBTUNE File (Oracle and SQLServer only).
- Create/Update ArcFM Solution System Tables.NOTE: To create and/or update system tables, you must be logged in as a SDE user.
- Upgrade ArcFM Solution Database.NOTE: To initiate the upgrade, you must be the database owner. The upgrade may take several minutes.
- Use the ArcFM XML Import/Export tools to export ArcFM Properties (model
names, autoupdaters, snapping info, relationships, domains, etc.)
from the sample data and import it into your geodatabase.
This automatically imports the required model name domains as well as autoupdaters, model names, snapping information, etc.
- Convert to ArcFM or Designer Objects.For more information, see Run the ArcFM Solution Object Converter.
- Review the sections for your licensed products (e.g., ArcFM, Designer, Responder, Fiber Manager) and configure the functionality you wish to use (e.g., tracing, Feeder Manager, etc.).
- If you have not done so already, you should review the
“What’s New” page for your current release to
find out what types of functionality have been added.NOTE: Because you're configuring the geodatabase for the first time, there's no need to follow the upgrade steps on the “What's New” page for your current release. Keep in mind, however, that subsequent version upgrades will require that you follow the upgrade steps on the “What's New” page.