Configure Application Pool
If you are using IIS7, follow the instructions for Local Implementation with IIS7 instead.
In this step, you set an Application Pool ID.
- On the web server, right-click My Computer and select Manage.
- Expand Services and Applications, then expand Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Right-click Application Pools and select New > Application Pool.
- Type an Application Pool ID. You can enter any value you’d like. The example uses ArcFMGDBReplication.
- Select "Use default settings for new application pool."
- Click OK. IMPORTANT:
If you're doing a local implementation, skip to step 11. Local implementations can use the default settings described in the next few steps, so you don’t need to go through them.
If your web service resides separately from the replication server (distributed implementation), perform all steps listed.
- Right-click the application pool you just created and select Properties.
- Select the Identity tab.
- Select the Configurable radio button and type the user name and password of the domain user created by your DBA (see Before You Begin).
- Click OK.
- Next, expand Web Sites (under IIS Manager) and Default Web Site.
- Right-click ArcFMGDBReplicationService and select Properties.
- On the Virtual Directory tab, go to the Application Pool field and select the application pool you created in step 4 (ArcFMGDBReplication in this example).
- Click OK.