Create a session using the Create Session button in Session Manager. Opening the session in ArcMap will create a version that is associated with the session.
- Select the top node in the tree. This node reflects the name of the currently selected filter (e.g., My Sessions).
- You may execute the Create Session task by clicking the Create Session button. Alternately, you may select Create Session in the Available Tasks list and click the Execute Task button.
- A new session will be created automatically (Session 267 in the example).
- You may edit the session name by selecting it and modifying the attributes in the user control window at the right.
- Click Apply when you've finished making changes.
- The History button provides a list of actions performed on the session. Attributes listed include: modification date, user, and description. Click the X in the top right corner to close this window.