Place Jumper in ArcMap
Available in ArcMap.
An operator can manually place a jumper on the map. Responder generates a corresponding incident in Responder Explorer. A jumper can be placed on any electric line feature that has the RXINCIDENTDEVICE model name assigned. For example, if a crew calls and reports a need for a jumper, the operator can locate the line feature on the map and create a jumper on it.
Responder Explorer must be open to place a jumper in ArcMap.
- In ArcMap, locate the line feature on the map.
- Click the Place Jumper button on the Responder toolbar.
- In ArcMap, click a line feature.
- If you want to place a jumper as a straight line continue to step 5; if you want place a jumper around a feature, continue to click on the map, placing vertices of the jumper as you go, and then continue with step 5.
- Click the line feature to connect to the line that was first selected.
- The Place Jumper window allows the operator to provide general information about the jumper.
- Click the appropriate Jumper Phases to connect. You can connect
any of the following: NOTE: At least one connection is required to place the jumper.
- Type the Name, Dispatcher, and Crew Member for this
All other information is optional. The Time Placed must be the current time or earlier. The Dispatcher and Crew fields are filtered to display only those that have access to the region (first click) in which the jumper resides, but any value can be typed manually instead of using the filtered drop-down lists.
- Click OK.