Session Manager Database Set Up - Oracle
The following scripts are provided to create the Process Framework and Session Manager schema on an Oracle Server instance:
Database Set Up:
The tables required by the Process Framework engine can be placed on the same Oracle instance that provides the SDE Geodatabase. The tables (created by the SQL scripts) must exist under a user named "PROCESS."
- Create the PROCESS user in Oracle. This user must be granted
the following two privileges:
Grant CREATE SESSION to process; Grant CREATE TABLE to process;
- Open SQLPlus window, logging in as new PROCESS user.
- Run the CreatePxTables_Oracle script. This script will create the tables required by the Process Framework engine.
- Run the CreateSMTables_Oracle script. This will create the tables required by Session Manager.
- As a DBA user in Oracle, create a role called "SM_USER."
This role will be used to assign the appropriate table privileges
to users of Session Manager. The name of this role is not mandatory;
however, if you use a different name for this role you will have to
alter the SQL script in the next step. The following SQL syntax will
create a role in Oracle:
Create role SM_USER not identified;
- Run the GrantSMRole_Oracle script. This script grants the appropriate table privileges to the "SM_USER" role in Oracle.
- Grant the various existing Oracle users the "SM_USER" role.
Since the number of users involved in this step is probably equal
to the number of users that access SDE, you’ll probably want
to make a script to perform this task. The SQL syntax to perform this
task is as follows:
Grant SM_USER to <user_name>;
- Grant the "CREATE SESSION" privilege to existing Oracle
users. The SQL syntax to perform this task is as follows:
Grant CREATE SESSION to <user_name>;
Session Manager Administration
Add each user involved in step 7 above to the Process Framework with the "Users" tab in the Process Framework Administration Tool. After you have imported the workflow (see Add Workflow, below), you can also use the "Users" tab to assign the Session Manager user roles to each user.
The following steps allow you to export the workflow from the sample database provided with the ArcFM Solution installation and import that workflow into your own Process Framework database. Once imported, this workflow can be modified to meet your specific business needs.
- To add a workflow, use the Import/Export tab in the Process Framework Administration tool and the sample Session Manager database (SessionManager.mdb) provided with the ArcFM Solution install.
- Log in to SessionManager.mdb as "Process."
- Select the Import/Export tab.
- Select the Export radio button and select the Process Framework Workflow Importer/Exporter checkbox.
- Designate an XML file name to which the workflow will be exported.
- Click Export and select the MMSessionManager extension.
- Close the Process Framework Admin tool when the export is complete so you can log in to your enterprise database.
- Log in to your Session Manager database (your enterprise database) as "Process."
- Select the Import/Export tab.
- Select the Import radio button and browse to the XML file you just exported from the sample data.
- Click Import.
For more information about the Process Framework Administation Tool and the Import/Export tab, see the Using ArcFM Solution online help and the Process Framework Administration section.
Access the Process Framework Administration Tool in the Start menu | ArcFM Solution | Process Framework | Admin.