Prepare the UPS for Internal Busbar Connection
- Only for HRG earthing system: Remove and discard the two preconnected cables that connect the E terminal on the bonding contactor to the ground busbar.
Reposition the ground busbar in the UPS:
- Disconnect the EMC cable, the EMC cable holder and the bonding cables from the ground busbar. Note the connection of the cables on the ground busbar.
- Remove and discard the copper busbar.
- Move the ground busbar to the new position.
- Hold onto the EMC cable holder and pull gently on the end of the EMC cable to extend the length. Reconnect the EMC cable to the ground busbar.
- Reconnect the bonding cables to the ground busbar
- Only for HRG earthing system: Connect an external impedance between the E terminal on the bonding contactor and the ground busbar according to NEC 2014 article 250.36.
- Bend the M zone flaps upwards on the plastic box. This is necessary to make room for the internal busbars between the maintenance bypass cabinet and the UPS.