Prepare for Installation
Hazard of electric shock, explosion, or arc flash
Do not drill or punch holes for cables or conduits with the gland plate installed and do not drill or punch holes in close proximity to the UPS.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.
- Remove the front panel.
Remove the top cover:
- Remove the screws and tilt the front of the top cover upwards.
- Slide the top cover towards the rear to remove it. Taps in the rear of the top cover must disconnect from the slots in the rear of the UPS.
- Remove the battery cover. Disconnect the battery terminals from the front of the battery modules.
- Remove the rear gland plates and the rear brush plates from the UPS. These are for signal cable routing.
one of the following:
- For installation without conduits: Reinstall the brush plates.
- For installation with conduits: Drill a hole in the gland plates for conduits, install conduits, and reinstall the gland plates.
- Route the non-Class 2/non-SELV signal cables through the left rear brush/gland plate and into the UPS.
- Route the Class 2/SELV signal cables through the middle rear brush/gland plate and into the UPS.
- Route the external communication cables that connect to the controller box through the right rear brush/gland plate and through the cable channel to the front of the UPS.
- Remove the left gland plate from the rear of the UPS.
- Drill/punch holes for power cables/conduits in the gland plate. Install conduits (not provided), if applicable.
- Remove the right rear plate for better access.