hazard of electric shock, explosion or arc flash
- Electrical equipment must be installed, operated, serviced, and maintained only by
- Apply appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safe electrical work
- Turn off all power supplying the UPS system before working on or inside the equipment.
- Before working on the UPS system, check for hazardous voltage between all terminals
including the protective earth.
- The UPS contains an internal energy source. Hazardous voltage can be present even
when disconnected from the utility/mains supply. Before installing or servicing the
UPS system, ensure that the units are OFF and that utility/mains and batteries are
disconnected. Wait five minutes before opening the UPS to allow the capacitors to
- A disconnection device (e.g. disconnection circuit breaker or switch) must be installed
to enable isolation of the system from upstream power sources in accordance with local
regulations. This disconnection device must be easily accessible and visible.
- The UPS must be properly earthed/grounded and due to a high leakage current, the earthing/grounding
conductor must be connected first.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.