Implementing standard alarm setpoint learning using ION Setup
- Start ION Setup.
- Open the Setup Assistant for your meter.
- Navigate to .NOTE: You can manually configure setpoint values by selecting the setpoint and clicking Edit.
- Select a setpoint and click Learn.
The Global Setpoint Learning screen is displayed.
- Select the setpoint tabs to view existing configured or learned setpoint information.
- Click Setup.
The Alarm Learning Setup screen is displayed.
Setpoint learning parameters
Parameter Value/Range Description Install mode Automatic, Manual
Automatic: the learned values are automatically applied.
Manual: the learned values are stored for you to review and enter.
Duration 1–365 Days for maximum learning duration.
- Configure the learning parameters for each setpoint and click Save.
- Click Start All to begin setpoint
learning for all setpoints. Click Yes to confirm
or No to cancel.
- Learning status and time remaining are indicated in the Learning Status box.
- Click Abort to stop learning for a specific setpoint. To stop all setpoint learning, repeat for each setpoint tab.
- Apply the learned setpoint values:
NOTE: If you click Install while learning is in progress (in either manual or automatic installation mode), it stops the learning process and prompts you for confirmation that you want to stop learning and install the learned values. Once you confirm, the learned values are automatically installed or prepared for manual installation.Related topics • See “Setpoint learning overview” on page 137 for more information about setpoint learning.
- Automatic: the setpoint values are automatically applied unless the learning process has issues or the learned values are invalid.
- Manual: navigate to Learn. On each setpoint tab, click Install to apply the learned values to that setpoint. and click