Creating an Ethernet gateway site using ION Setup
You must have Ethernet gateway communications configured and your gateway and serial devices connected and communicating.
- Start ION Setup.
- Right-click on your workstation icon and select Insert Item.The New Network Item dialog appears.
- Select Site and click OK.The New Site dialog appears.
- Select the General tab and configure
Parameter Values/Options Description Name - Ethernet gateway site name Comm Link Ethernet Ethernet communications Ethernet options Gateway Ethernet gateway communications Gateway Info: IP Addr - IP address of the Ethernet gateway meter Gateway Info: Port 7801, 7802, 502
7801 for EtherGate (Com1)
7802 for EtherGate (Com4)
502 for Modbus gateway
- Click OK to create the site.
- Right-click on your newly created site and select Insert Item.The New Network Item dialog appears.
- Ensure the new Ethernet gateway site is selected in the Attach to drop-down list box.
- Select Device and click OK.The New Device dialog appears.
- Enter the details of your serial device. Click OK to add the serial device to your Ethernet gateway site.
- Repeat for all the serial devices on the gateway meter.NOTE: Use a separate standard Ethernet connection in ION Setup to connect to and read data from your Ethernet gateway meter.