Disabling serial communications using the meter webpages
Disabling unused ports is considered a cybersecurity best practice to help minimize unauthorized access to your meter.
- Open a web browser and enter your meter’s IP address in the address box. The webpage login prompt is displayed.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Navigate to Setup > Serial Port and expand the Basic Settings section.
- Choose COM1/ RS485#1 - Protocol or COM4/ RS485#2 - Protocol from the drop-down list box and select None to disable the port.
- Click Apply. When prompted, click Yes to save the changes.