Changing a password
Required for this procedure:
Meter connection using ION Setup.
Advanced security access, if Advanced Security Mode is enabled.
Record your device's user and password information in a secure location.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in equipment damage.
- Open ION Setup > select the meter > Setup Assistant.
- Security > Security Mode > Edit. The Open Security Configuration file dialog box opens.
- Select the Security Configuration File (.scf) that contains
the current meter settings and click Open.
The Standard Options or Advanced Options dialog box opens.NOTE: Open the security log file to determine the .scf file you want. See “Cybersecurity configuration” for more information.
- Select a user and do one of the following:
To Do this
Change the password in Standard Security mode
On the Standard Options screen, enter a new password in the Meter password area. Click Next.NOTE: Leading zeros are not allowed.
Change the password in Advanced Security mode
Click Next to navigate to the Define individual users/passwords screen. Select each user and assign passwords.NOTE: Select the Show password checkbox to display the user password after its been changed.
- Click Finish.
- Click Yes. The Save As dialog box opens.
- Save the Security Configuration File (.scf) with a unique file name to avoid overwriting default Security Configuration Files.