Managing user account lockouts and timeouts
User account lockouts and timeouts options include:
Lockout after unsuccessful login attempts.
Session timeout for ION protocol only.
Required for this procedure:
Meter connection using ION Setup.
Advanced Security Mode enabled.
Advanced security access.
- Open ION Setup > select the meter > Setup Assistant.
- Security > Security Mode > Edit. The Open Security Configuration file dialog box opens.
- Select the Security Configuration File (.scf) that contains
the current meter settings and click Open.
The Standard Options or Advanced Options dialog box opens.NOTE: Open the security log file to determine the .scf file you want. See “Cybersecurity configuration” for more information.
- Click Next to navigate to the Select protocol lockout options screen:
- Select each protocol and click Edit to change lockout
and session timeout values for:
- Protocol lockout after unsuccessful login attempts.
- Session timeout for ION protocol only. This is configurable because there is no login and logout action for ION protocol sessions.
- Enter a value for the Lockout duration for user lockout occurrences.
- Click Finish. A Confirmation message box opens.
- Click Yes. The Save As dialog box opens.
- Save the Security Configuration File (.scf) with a unique file name to avoid overwriting default Security Configuration Files.