Configuring option module digital inputs using ION Setup
Digital inputs are available on your meter. You can add more digital inputs using optional I/O modules.
- Start ION Setup.
- Open the Setup Assistant for your meter.
- Navigate to and select the module tab that corresponds to the option module with the digital input you want to configure.
- Select the digital input channel and click Edit.The setup screen for that digital input is displayed.
- Configure the digital input by selecting the parameter and clicking Edit.
- Once the parameter has been configured, click OK to save the setting to the meter.
Parameter Value/Range Description Input Mode Pulse, KYZ, A/C, IRIG-B1
Specifies how the meter processes the signal:
- Pulse: the meter counts an entire pulse (from off-on to on-off) as one input.
- KYZ: the meter counts a transition (from off-on or from on-off) as one input.
- A/C: the meter detects analog signals where the ON condition is based on the presence of an AC signal.
- IRIG-B1: the meter detects an IRIG-B time synchronization signal.
EvLog Mode Log Off/Log On Specifies if events generate log entries. Event Priority 0 - 255 Specifies the priority of an event. Polarity Inverting/Non-Inverting Specifies if the signal from the digital port is inverted or not inverted. Debounce 0.000 - 1.000 Specifies how long (in seconds) the signal must remain in a state to be considered a valid state change. Port Defined by your meter’s hardware Your meter’s physical digital input port. Enable Enabled/Disabled Specifies whether the module is enabled or disabled. Alarm Trigger Mode Alarm off OFF/Alarm on ON Specifies the behavior of the digital input alarm. 1 IRIG-B can only be connected to one of the digital inputs located on the meter base, not an option module.