Loading meter firmware using ION Setup
You can download firmware for your meter from www.schneider-electric.com.
You must load a meter template as part of the firmware upgrade process. You can save your meter’s existing template by navigating to Template > Save to PC in the ION Setup Assistant and clicking Save to save your meter’s template as a .DCF file. You can also use a template that you have saved from another meter of the same type, or download a factory template from www.schneider-electric.com.
Ensure that you record your meter’s user and password information in a secure location before upgrading the meter’s firmware. If your meter’s user and password information is lost, you must return the meter for factory reconfiguration, which resets your meter to its factory defaults and destroys all logged data.
Any digital and analog outputs associated with your device may change state during a firmware upgrade.
Do not use this device for critical control or protection applications where human or equipment safety relies on the operation of the control circuit.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.
Loading firmware or template onto your meter clears the meter’s recorded data.
Ensure that all important data has been recorded before uploading firmware or a template to your device.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in data loss.
- Obtain the meter firmware (.UPG or .UPx) and framework (.DCF or .FWN) that you want to load onto your meter. Save the files where they can be accessed by the computer running ION Setup.
- Start ION Setup.
- Open the Setup Assistant for your meter.
- Select the Template screen.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade tab,
then click Upgrade. Enter your meter’s
password (if prompted) and click OK.NOTE: If you want to retain customized meter template settings, other than those listed in the Template Paste Options dialog box (see Step 8), click on the Save to PC tab and click Save. Save your template as a .DCF file. Select this file in Step 7 instead of the file obtained from the website.
- Navigate to the meter firmware (.UPG or .UPx) file and click Open. Enter your ION Setup password when prompted and click OK.
- Navigate to the meter framework (.DCF or .FWN) file and
click OK.The Template Paste Options dialog box appears.
- Select the check boxes for the settings you want to retain (not overwrite) and click OK.
A dialog box describes the template upload and firmware upgrade progress, verifies the firmware, and finishes with an overview stating whether the firmware and framework were successfully uploaded onto your meter.
After upgrading your meter’s firmware or template, make sure that the meter’s settings, either for existing functionality or new features, are appropriate for your system.