Configuring Sag/Swell logging using ION Setup
To set up the Sag/Swell Log, Sg/Sw HS Log, Sag/Swell Waveform Log and Sag/Swell COMTRADE files:
- Start ION Setup.
- Open the Setup Assistant for your meter.
- Navigate to .
- Select the data log and click Edit. Enter the meter password if prompted.The Sag/Swell Logging Wizard appears.
- The Device setting verification screen displays results of the meter configuration check for potential errors related to sag/swell monitoring and reporting. Click Fix to view details, or click Next to ignore the results and proceed to the next screen.
- The Disturbance Logging Setup screen displays the Log Depth setting for Sag/Swell Log (Data Rec 5). You can change the maximum number of records to store in this log. Click Next to proceed to the next screen.
- The High Speed Recording screen displays
the settings for the high-speed Sag/Swell data recorder (Sg/Sw HS
Log - Data Rec 6). You can configure these settings for the meter
to perform burst data logging.
Parameter Description Enable Burst Data Logging Select or clear this check box to turn burst data logging on or off. Pre-trigger recording1 Specifies, in seconds, how many pre-event records to capture. The actual number of records set in the high-speed Sag/Swell data recorder’s Pre-trigger Records setup register = (2 x system frequency) x (number of seconds). Post-trigger recording1 Specifies, in seconds, how many post-event records to capture. The actual number of records set in the high-speed Sag/Swell data recorder’s Post-trigger Records = (2 x system frequency) x (number of seconds). Total # of recordings2 Specifies how many burst data log sets to save in long-term memory (NVRAM). The actual number of records is configured in the high-speed Sag/Swell data recorder’s Depth setup register = (Total # of recordings) x (Pre-trigger Records + Post-trigger Records + 1). See “Data recorder burst data” for an example of how a data log set is calculated.
1 If system frequency is changed, the recording duration for Pre-trigger recording and Post-trigger recording automatically adjusts to reflect the new frequency setting.
2 When burst data logging is enabled, the equivalent number of records for 2 burst data log sets is allocated in short-term memory (RAM). The actual number of records set in the high-speed Sag/Swell data recorder’s Buffer Depth setup register = 2 x (Pre-trigger Records + Post-trigger Records + 1).
- The Waveform Log Setup screen allows
you to configure the waveform recorder for Standard or Delayed waveform
capture.NOTE: The Sag/Swell Logging Wizard does not support Extended waveform capture. See “Waveform capture” for details on Standard, Delayed and Extended waveform capture.
Parameter Description Waveform Depth Specifies the maximum number of waveform records stored on the meter. Waveform Format Specifies the number of samples per cycle and the number of cycles that are stored in a waveform record. Trigger Position Specifies the number of cycles to capture before the waveform versus after the waveform. Trigger position can be set using the pre-cycle arrows or the slider bar.NOTE: The maximum number of cycles (pre-event + post-event) cannot exceed the total number of cycles in the waveform format.Click Next.
- Configure your meter’s COMTRADE settings:
- Select or clear the Generate COMTRADE files check box to enable or disable the creation of COMTRADE records.NOTE: The waveform viewer on your meter’s webpages uses the meter’s COMTRADE files. If you want to view waveforms on the meter’s webpages, select Generate COMTRADE files.NOTE: The factory-default configuration for COMTRADE only supports Standard waveform capture.
- Set the Log depth for the COMTRADE files to specify the maximum number of records stored on your meter’s SFTP site.
- Select or clear the Generate COMTRADE files check box to enable or disable the creation of COMTRADE records.
- Click Finish.
You are returned to the Sag/Swell Logging screen and the entry shows your new configuration.
If nothing happens when you click Finish, check the log depths and buffer depths for all your other data logs to make sure that the meter has enough memory for these changes. Adjust the log depth and buffer depth of the data and waveform recorders if needed.