Changing a password
Required for this procedure:
Meter connection using ION Setup.
Security configuration access privileges.
Record your device's user and password information in a secure location.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in equipment damage.
- Open ION Setup > select the meter > Setup Assistant.
- Security > Security Mode > Edit. The Open Security Configuration file dialog box opens.
- Select the Security Configuration File (.scf) that contains
the current meter settings and click Open.
The Security Options dialog box opens.NOTE: Open the security log file to determine the .scf file you want. See “Cybersecurity configuration” for more information.
- Select a user.
- Click Next to navigate to the Define individual
users/passwords screen. Select each user and assign passwords.NOTE: Select the Show password check box to display the user password after it’s been changed.
- Click Finish. A Confirmation message box opens.
- Click Yes. The Save As dialog box opens.
- Save the Security Configuration File (.scf) with a unique file name to avoid overwriting default Security Configuration Files.