Disabling and enabling webpages and time sync sources
Disabling webpages removes the ability to access meter data online using a web browser. If your meter can be accessed by a web browser outside your protected network, a malicious user could intercept communications.
See “Disabling and enabling protocols and changing port numbers” for details on enabling HTTPS.
Disabling the ability to modify the meter’s time source helps protect against disguised communication from an unknown source as being trusted and possibly invalidating timestamps.
Required for this procedure:
Meter connection using ION Setup.
Security configuration access privileges.
- Open ION Setup > select the meter > Setup Assistant.
- Security > Security Mode > Edit. The Open Security Configuration file dialog box opens.
- Select the Security Configuration File (.scf) that contains
the current meter settings and click Open.
The Security Options dialog box opens.NOTE: Open the security log file to determine the .scf file you want. See “Cybersecurity configuration” for more information.
- On the Security Options dialog box:
- Select or clear Allow Web Server to enable or disable webpages for viewing meter data online using a web browser.
- Select or clear Allow Broadcasting Time Synchronization to enable or disable the ability to modify the meter’s time synchronization source.
- Click Next to go through Setup Assistant screens.
- Click Finish. The Confirmation message box opens.
- Click Yes. The Save As dialog box opens.
- Save the Security Configuration File (.scf) with a unique file name to avoid overwriting default Security Configuration Files.
- Click Exit.