Loading option module firmware using ION Setup
Required for this procedure:
- Option module firmware upgrade (.S19) file(s). Go to www.se.com to download upgrade files.
Option module is connected to the meter.
Access to meter’s internal SFTP site.
Digital and analog outputs may change state during a firmware upgrade. Option modules are offline during an option module firmware upgrade; they will not communicate to the meter and the outputs may change state during the upgrade process.
Do not use this device for critical control or protection of persons, animals, property or equipment.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.
- Obtain the Option Module firmware files (.S19) that you want to load onto your option module(s). Save the files where they can be accessed by the computer running ION Setup.
- Start ION Setup.
- Open the Setup Assistant for your meter.
- Select the Template screen.
- Click the Upgrade tab, then click Upgrade. Enter your meter’s password if prompted and click OK.
- Navigate to where you have stored the option module firmware. Select the Option Module firmware file (*.S19) as the file type.
- Select the option module firmware file and click Open.An ION Setup window will open. Click Yes to confirm the firmware upgrade.
- The Option Card Upgrade window opens. Select the Slot that corresponds to the Option Module type. You can select multiple slots for the same option module type.
- Click Start.A dialog box describes the firmware upgrade progress, verifies the firmware, and finishes with an overview stating whether the firmware was successfully uploaded.