Option 1 (recommended): Upgrading using ZIP file
Any digital and analog outputs associated with your device may change state during a firmware upgrade.
Do not use this device for critical control or protection of persons, animals, property or equipment.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.
Loading firmware or template onto your meter clears the meter’s recorded data.
Ensure that all important data has been recorded before uploading firmware or a template to your device.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in data loss.
- Start ION Setup and connect to your meter.
- Open Setup Assistant and navigate to .
- Click Upgrade and navigate to the saved upgrade ZIP file.
- Select the upgrade ZIP file and click Open. The Compressed Device Upgrade Package window
displays the updates to be installed in the order listed.NOTE: Click the View What’s New PDF link to read about new and updated features related to the firm upgrade.
- Select the components you want to upgrade. For example:
PM8000 firmware V3.0.0 package to be applied in the order listed:
UpgradeAgent_V002.001.000.upx(not required if already applied)
Factory V188.8.131.52.0 template is the meter template that is programmed to the meter after the firmware upgrade is complete.
Factory V3.0.0 web pages are the files to be uploaded to the meter’s web SFTP folder, to update the meter webpages with firmware-related changes.
- Select the desired settings and readings to be retained, if you selected a template component:
- Click OK.
- Click Proceed to start the upgrade process. Do not interrupt the process until all the selected components have been upgraded.
- Confirm upgrade status is complete and upload webpages to the meter. See “Status” for details.