The Add Related utility allows you to add non-symbolized compatible units (CUs) to symbolized CUs on the Targets tab before placing them on the map. You can also access the tool from the Design tab.
- Send a CU to the Targets tab from the CUs tab or select one from the Design tab.
- Right-click the parent level of the CU and select Add Related.
- Choose a non-symbolized feature from the Add Related fly-out menu. Only items that have a relationship with the selected CU and the model name DESIGNUNIT assigned will appear in the menu. See the Configuring ArcFM Solution online help in ArcCatalog for information about model names.
- Select a CU from the Select CU(s) window.
- Click OK.IMPORTANT: Auto create: Beginning with version 10.1.1, Designer creates the related record automatically if the parent object has shape. This behavior is the same when you drag and drop a non-graphical feature onto the parent object. In previous versions of Designer (or where the parent object does not have shape), you will need to select the related record and click the Create button to add it.