Mass Create Related Objects
The Mass Create Related Objects tool allows you to easily create related objects on multiple features. Before a user may access the Mass Create Related Objects tool, it must first be enabled. Follow the steps below to create related objects for multiple features.
- With an Editing session started, select a layer or group of features on the Selection tab or Design tab of the Attribute Editor. The features you select must belong to the same feature class, although they do not have to be of the same subtype.
- In the ArcFM Mass Create Related Objects Tool, select the type of related object you'd like to add in the Creating New field. The Related To field displays the number of features to which you are adding related objects.
- Use the object viewer to set attribute values for the related objects you're creating. The labels for attributes you've modified will be shown in blue. If a field does not accept a Null value and no value is assigned, it is highlighted in yellow.
- Click Create to add the related objects. Related objects are created under each selected feature. The ArcFM Mass Create Related Objects Tool is not automatically dismissed when you click Create.
- You may create additional related objects by clicking Create again after editing attributes or selecting a new object in the Creating New field.
- Click Close when you're finished creating related objects.
Enable Mass Update Tools
The Mass Attribute Update and Mass Create Related Objects tools are not displayed by default. Toggle buttons allow you to add/remove these tools from the right-click menu in the Attribute Viewer. Follow the steps below to add the toggle buttons to either a menu or a toolbar.
- Select Customize Mode from the Customize dropdown menu.
- Click the Commands tab.
- Select ArcFM Solution from the Categories window.
- In the Commands window, select ArcFM Mass Attribute Update, ArcFM Mass Create Related Objects, or both.
- Drag one or both commands to a menu or onto a toolbar.
- The commands will appear unchecked in a menu or toggled
off if on a toolbar. Select the menu item or toggle the button on
to enable the functionality. This includes the tools in the right-click
menu when you select multiple features in the same feature class.
The ArcFM Mass Create Related Objects tool is checked to show it is enabled.
This same tool is toggled ON after being added to a toolbar.
Mass Attribute Update, Mass Create Related Objects, or both will now appear in the right-click menu when you have selected a group of features. If you want to use the Mass Attribute Update tool, the selected features must all have the same subtype. These tools will be available in the following situations:
When you select a group of features using the Ctrl key on the Selection tab, the QA/QC tab, Design tab, or in the Locator tool. These features must have the same subtype to enable Mass Attribute Update.
When you click the layer for a group of features on the Selection tab, the QA/QC tab, Design tab, or in the Locator tool. These features must have the same subtype to enable Mass Attribute Update.