Step 3: Configure Design Estimate
The Design Estimate tool uses the Designer Express Update Cost Items Units autoupdater to update the quantity of costs items associated with a linear design feature whenever its length changes. To ensure that this autoupdater works properly, configure linear design features as described below.
- In ArcCatalog, right-click the design feature class (DFC) and select Properties.
- On the Fields tab, select the MeasuredLength field and ensure the field uses the data type of Double.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the DFC and select ArcFM Properties Manager.
- On the Model Names tab, ensure that the DESIGNERFEATURE class model name is assigned.
- On the Field Model Names tab, select the MeasuredLength field and assign the field the MEASUREDLENGTH model name. By default, this model name resides in the Domain Independent Field Model Name domain.
- On the Field Info tab, select the MeasuredLength field and assign the ArcFM Length Measured Domain autoupdater to the On Feature Create field property. Click Apply.
- On the Object Info tab, assign the Designer Express Update Cost Item Units autoupdater to the On Feature Create and On Feature Update feature properties.