ArcFM XML Import
After importing the schema, use the ArcFM Import/Export tools to export ArcFM Properties, such as domains and model name assignments, from the sample data (Minerville.mdb) and into your geodatabase by following these steps:
- Right-click the Minerville.mdb geodatabase and select ArcFM XML Export.
- Select the following checkboxes:
- ArcFM Model Name Information
- ArcFM Properties
- ArcFM Relationship Class Information
- Domains: Most domains are included in the Import Schema steps. However, that import does not include the Fiber model name domains that are necessary for the ArcFM Model Name Information option to successfully provide model name assignments.
- Browse to the location to save the file and type a name. Click Export.
- Right-click your geodatabase and select ArcFM XML Import.
- Select an Option (Keep Existing is recommended to ensure nothing is overwritten).
- Browse to the exported file.
- As required by your geodatabase implementation, to pre-pend the schema name or database and username, modify one of the .xsl files included in the ArcFM installation at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Bin\Style Sheets." Modify either "prefix_Oracle.xsl" for importing into Oracle, or "prefix_SQLServer.xsl" for importing into SQL Server.
- Select the option to Apply Style Sheet and type the name of the file that was modified in step 7.
- Click Import.