Run the Workflow Manager Data Source Wizard
To update data sources for your design workspaces, complete the following steps:
- Before updating data sources, back up the MM_WMS_DESIGNS table.
- Double-click WorkflowManagerDataSourceWizard.exe to open the file.
- On the login screen, log in to your Workflow Manager database
The login user must have read/write permissions on the MM_WMS_DESIGNS table. The sample data requires that you log in as the PROCESS user.
The ArcFM Solution supports two types of login authentication: database and operating system. Database authentication requires the user to provide a username and password when logging into an ArcFM application. Operating system authentication uses a Windows login name and password. If you want to use operating system authentication, your Windows username and password must be valid for the selected Process Framework database. Authentication does not impact Access geodatabases.
- Select the Login using operating system authentication checkbox if you want to use your Windows login user name and password. If you're using the sample data, a Windows username/password must exist for the PROCESS user to utilize operating system authentication. This field is disabled if you have an Access database selected.
- The initial screen in the wizard reminds users to back up the MM_WMS_DESIGNS table. This is a critical step. Once the Data Source Wizard has started, it cannot be stopped or cancelled, and the results cannot be undone. If you have not backed up this table yet, do so now, and then click Next to continue.
- Indicate the number of different data sources in your selected
- Yes: Your database contains a connection to only one data source.
- No: Your database contains connections to multiple data sources.
- If you selected Yes, skip to the next step. If you clicked No, you need to specify an original data source. All layers connected to this data source are updated to connect to the destination data source (specified in step 7). Click the "Choose data source" button to browse to the SDE connection. You cannot use an access database as a data source. This is the connection to the edit workspace, NOT the Process Framework database. You may be prompted to type a username and password. You can provide them here and won't be prompted again. If you do not provide them here, you may be prompted later. Click Next to continue.
- Indicate the destination data source. This is the database
to which the layers are connected. Click the Choose data source
button to browse to the SDE connection. You cannot use an access database
as a data source. This is the connection to the edit workspace,
NOT the Process Framework database. You may be prompted to type
a username and password. You can provide them here and won't be prompted
again. If you do not provide them here, you may be prompted
later. Click Next to continue.
Authentication: If you're using an ArcSDE geodatabase, you can select the type of Authentication. Database authentication requires the user to type their username and password when logging into an ArcFM application. Operating system authentication (or single sign-on) uses the user's Windows login name and password.
- The final screen displays a summary of what this tool does
when executed. If your workspace has multiple data sources, the original
data source is displayed as well. Click Next to begin updating the
data sources.NOTE: This process may take an extended period of time, depending on the number of designs being connected. Once this process has started, it cannot be stopped or cancelled. If errors occur during the process, it does not stop. All errors are appended to the log file which can be accessed after the conversion is complete.
- When the wizard has finished setting the data sources, it writes information to a log file. This log file includes a list of designs that were converted as well as any errors that occurred. The final screen provides a warning that failures occurred and suggest that the user view the log file. To view the log file, select the checkbox. You can also save the log to a new location. Click the Browse button and browse to the location where you want to save the file, and then click OK.