Abandon and Remove
Use this tool to abandon and remove features. You may add the object or feature class to which features are abandoned to the map. Abandoned and removed features will not be displayed on the map. However, you may select the abandon and remove layer on the Source tab, right-click it and select Open (object class) or Open Attribute Table (feature class). The feature or object class to which features are abandoned is determined during configuration (refer to the ArcFM Solution Configuration Guide for more information).
There are two ways to abandon and remove features. You may select features on the map, right-click them on the Selection tab, and select Abandon and Remove. This will abandon and remove the entire feature.
You may also use the Abandon and Remove button on the ArcFM Abandon toolbar. When using this option, you MUST use the Cut and Trim tool first. You must have an editing session started to use the Abandon and Remove functionality.
Right-Click Abandon and Remove Tool
The Abandon right-click tools ignore the Warning Threshold set in the Abandon Options.
- Select the features to be abandoned and removed.
- On the Selection tab of the Attribute Editor, highlight
the features or layer to be abandoned. Right-click and select Abandon
and Remove.TIP: If the tool is disabled, check to be sure you have the Abandon options set correctly.
Abandon and Remove on ArcFM Abandon Toolbar
This tool requires that you use the Cut and Trim tool first to isolate the area to be abandoned and removed. If you do not use the Cut and Trim tool first, no area is isolated and you may abandon and remove your entire network.
- Use the Cut and Trim tool to isolate the portion of your network to be abandoned and removed.
- Click the Abandon and Remove tool on the ArcFM Abandon toolbar.
- Click the area you have isolated to be abandoned and removed. The feature(s) will be abandoned and removed. If configured, the attributes of the abandoned feature(s) will be stored in the table designated by your administrator.
- You may right-click the table holding your abandoned attributes and select Open to display the attribute values that were transferred when the feature was abandoned and removed. You may need to add the AbandonedRemoved table to the map. If you are abandoning to a feature class, right-click it and select Open Attribute Table.