Place Graphic Favorite
A user may place graphic favorites in the map. These are graphic elements that are not connected to the network. An edit session is not required to place a graphic favorite. The Graphics list is enabled without a session opened. However, graphics placed outside of a session are NOT saved.
- Open or create a new Redline session.
- Before placing a graphic, decide how you want the graphic
to be stored: as a graphic with the session or as an annotation feature
in the geodatabase. Select a layer in the Active Annotation Target
field. Choose Mobile Graphic to place a graphic that is stored only
with the session. Select an annotation layer to place a graphic that
is stored in the geodatabase and may be posted to SDE.Default.
Feature-Linked Annotation and Mobile: Feature-linked annotation may not be imported from the field to the Enterprise database. When placing graphics into Annotation layers in the field, do not use feature-linked annotation layers.
- Select the category in which the graphic favorite resides. The name of the displayed group appears above the graphic favorites.
- Single-click the graphic favorite you want to place.
- Click the map at the location in which you want to place the graphic. If the graphic includes a callout, the callout will be anchored where you clicked.
- Using the Select Elements tool, you may double-click the element to display the Properties dialog. You may also right-click the graphic element and select Properties.
- Use the Properties dialog to modify graphic element properties such as text, color, and size.
- Use the Select Elements tool on the Esri Drawing toolbar to move and manipulate the graphic element.