Create the First Trace Schematic Diagram
Once a trace schematic dataset exists, a specific user must use ArcMap to generate the first trace schematic diagram. This user must not only be the owner of the trace schematic dataset, but also have DBA permissions on the database. This is essential because only users with DBA permissions can automatically create the necessary objects and features in the schematic dataset. Only afterward can any user with Add, Delete, or Modify permissions generate trace schematic diagrams in ArcMap.
When generating the first trace schematic, be sure to create one that contains at least one of each feature class and related object that users will include in their trace schematics. If these objects do not exist when a non-DBA user attempts to create a circuit schematic, schematic generation will fail.
- In ArcMap, apply a Fiber Manager Stored Display.
- Under Customize > Extensions, ensure the Schematics extension is checked, then click Close.
- On the Fiber Manager toolbar, click the Fiber Trace Schematic button.
- If necessary, limit the snapping features, then click OK.
- Perform the trace on a fiber feature.
- In the Trace Schematic Dialog, type a name for your schematic,
then click OK.TIP: If you chose to also run a trace report, the Trace Schematic Dialog might be hiding behind the report.
- The schematic opens in a new data frame with basic symbology. In the next topic, you update the symbology and then export it into the schematic template.