This is an optional step but recommended. Fiber Manager uses aliases when displaying data (e.g., reports). Follow the steps below to assign aliases to all features and fields in your Fiber dataset.
Set aliases on all feature and object classes as well as all fields that have the FiberConnectionDisplayField and FiberConnectionDisplaySortField model names assigned.
- In ArcCatalog, right-click a feature class and select Properties.
- To set the feature class alias, select the General tab. Enter an alias name in the Alias field. This name should be something recognizable to your users.
- To set field aliases, select the Fields tab.
- Select a field and enter the alias in the Alias field (Field Properties section).
- Click OK to save changes.