Configure Directory Replica - Web Service
Mobile Users: Follow the steps below to create a replication web service for your Login database directory replica.
Follow these steps to configure the Replication web service for your directory replica. A configured, read-only sample file is installed at this location: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ArcFMGDBReplicationService\Sample.Web.config. This directory also contains an empty version of the Web.config file. Whether you modify the sample or use the empty Web.config file, it MUST have the name Web.config and it MUST reside in the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ArcFMGDBReplicationService directory. A replication file by any other name isn’t recognized.
Right-click the category in the Web Service and select New > Directory Replica.
- Select the directory replica and set values for the settings
to the right.
- Replica Name: Assign a name to the replica. This name must contain fewer than 50 characters and it must be the same for the corresponding replica in the Server and Client sections.
- Source Directory: Type (or browse to) the directory to be replicated. This value is the same as the Source Directory value under the Server node.
- Base Directory: Type the Base Directory on the Replication Server. This is the directory created in the Create Base Path step.
- Base UNC: If you're using UncCopy to transmit delta files to the client, type the Base Path directory. This value is passed to the client in order for it to access the server base path. Therefore, this value MUST be a UNC path, regardless of whether the base path is local to the Web Server. For example: \\Madison\ServerBase.
- Base URL: If you're using Bits to transmit delta files to the client, type the URL that points to the virtual directory on the web server. For example, http://Madison/ServerBase (Madison is the local machine name).
- When you've finished configuration, select File > Save Configuration File. You may also click the red X button in the top right corner. In this case you are prompted to save changes.